What defines us as a Church?
Mission Statement-This is why we exist as a church. Ultimately we exist to bring glory to God. Jesus expressed this truth and pointed out that we bring glory to God by obeying Him (John 17:4). Jesus had a different job than us as He came as a sacrifice for sin. We extend His mission by fulfilling the Commission He gave us (Matthew 28:18-20). Thus,:
- We exist to Glorify God by growing disciples of Jesus Christ.
The picture below illustrates how we effectively grow disciples. Our first priority is sowing seed. As a seed takes root and becomes a new believer, we nurture growth to produce a growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
Core Values-These statements describe the effective environment that our church must be to effectively complete our mission of growing disciples.
- Empowered: We desire to be empowered by the Holy Spirit through Prayer. (Acts 1:8; 2:1-4)
- Equipping: We desire to equip others through obedience to the Bible. (2 Timothy 3:16, 17)
- Exalting: We desire to worship God in a way that displays His presence to others. (Psalm 27:4; 42:1-2; 73:25)
- Encouraging: We desire to live as a Christian family where all needs are met. (Acts 4:32-35)
- Engaging: We desire to reach out to others through relationships and service. (Luke 10:25-37)
Vision Statement-This statement describes our ideal end. What will it look like when we are fulfilling our mission?
- To be a body of believers actively supporting life-changing relationships with Jesus Christ for all people within the church family, our community, and in all the world.